Independently-owned bike shop looking for part-time bicycle mechanic for estimated 10-20 hours/week (may vary depending on work load). Hourly compensation will be based on experience.
Service – Evaluate customer bicycles to assess service needs and provide estimate of work involved; perform all levels of service from minor repairs to full tune-ups and bike builds on a variety of bikes including road, mountain, cyclocross and tandem, use point of sale system to complete customer transactions.
Sales – Work with customers to assist with, and facilitate sales of parts, accessories and bicycles.
General – Serve as a knowledgeable resources to customers and visitors on topics related to bicycles, bike maintenance and local riding. Maintain a professional, friendly and no-pressure environment for customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare and build complete bikes for in-store bike orders. Repair, check, and fix bikes following CBS Cycling’s standards for excellence
• Be a CBS Cycling Ambassador by exhibiting a superior level of customer service and meeting the needs of each customer
• Maintain concise work orders with clear notes of all the work done on bikes & update in our customer database
• Maintain a clean professional workbench/station at all times
• Provide feedback about bicycles and offer sound and honest assessments when evaluating bike repairs
• Assist with general retail duties such as customer service, sales, and inventory management as necessary
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
• Ability to manage work time and effectively manage competing priorities and handle multiple tasks with interruptions
• Be a great team player and communicate clearly with customers and fellow colleagues
• Capable computer skills & experience using point of sale systems
• Able to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Avid rider with a strong passion for cycling
• Interest in community outreach and enhancing our local bike culture
• Above all, we need a bicycle mechanic who has an eye for detail in terms of professional level bike building and someone who would make a great fit with our team.
• High School equivalency. College Degree a plus
• Must be minimum 18 years of age
• 1-2+ years of experience as bicycle mechanic
• Previous cash handling experience required
• Working knowledge of shop equipment and tools necessary to work on various years, makes and models of bicycles
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs and stand for long periods
• Reliable transportation
• Service Mechanic: 1 year
• High school or equivalent
CBS Cycling’s Commitment to you:
Contact this Employer »
• Generous employee discounts and incentives
• Professional development and training