The Maintenance Mechanic will perform maintenance to keep machines, mechanical equipment and or the facility in repair. Main focus is the repair of company machinery. Duties may involve pipe fitting, insulating, welding, and carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing new equipment and repairing building floors, stairs, windows, doors or any other area of the facility.
* Inspect equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
* Observe work and monitor gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure that machine operate at maximum input.
* Lubricate machinery, change parts or perform other routine maintenance.
* Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
* Inspect or test damaged machine parts and mark defective areas or advise supervisors or repair needs.
* Install, replace or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
* Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes or hoists.
* Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
* Record production, repair machine maintenance information.
* Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
* Set up and operate machines and adjust controls to regulate operations.
* Collaborate with other safety equipment and use sage work habits.
* Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
* Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metal being welded.
* Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
* Recognize set-up and operate hand power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
* Speak to others to convey information effectively.
* Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problems.
* Maintain facility and make repairs as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Reading, Writing, Math Skills, Welding, MIG, TIG.
* Must be able to use hand tools and power tools.
High School Diploma or GED
5-6 years in Manufacturing environment with emphasis in heavy machine repair.
Depends Upon Experience
Contact this Employer »