Innovative. Collaborative. Entrepreneurial. These characteristics define not only College of the Canyons, but the faculty, staff, and administrators who make this college one of the most unique among California's 113 community colleges.
College of the Canyons is among the fastest growing community colleges in the nation. It is widely recognized as a model community college for enhancing student access, success, and equity. In fact, its completion rates rank among the highest in the state. The college has also established a well-deserved reputation for bolstering economic development, and offering innovative career technical education responsive to industry needs.
The college has served the dynamic, growing Santa Clarita Valley and surrounding regions within a 367-square-mile area of northern Los Angeles County since 1969. Visionary leadership combined with a steady infusion of new residents and businesses create a spirit of possibilities that inspires the college to be flexible, creative, and attuned to the evolving needs of the community.
Santa Clarita Community College District
COLLEGE OF THE CANYONS
announces an employment opportunity for
Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty Position
Position # ACA17- 277
Review Date: October 13, 2017
Job Link: http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=108639
Position Description: College of the Canyons is seeking nursing faculty for various positions in one or more of the following areas: medical surgical (ICU/Telemetry, ER), maternal-child (postpartum, labor and delivery, and pediatric), and/or mental/behavioral health nursing, experience within the last five years. This is a 10-MONTH professional, full-time tenure track position beginning Spring 2018. The position may include a combination of teaching, department, college, and community leadership functions. Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend duties at all District sites.
Duties of the Position:
• Teaches a full load of courses in nursing, including lecture, clinical, and lab.
• Assists with skills lab duties based on departmental needs, including: simulation preparation, implementation and debriefing, course skills lab preparation and implementation, and open skills lab hours.
• Participates in department activities including curriculum development and evaluation.
• Participates in annual reports and accreditation activities.
• Teaches to a diverse student population.
• Coordinates course work with clinical sites, students, and other faculty.
• Arranges clinical rotations in the hospital and clinical sites.
• Advises assists, evaluates and mentors students.
• Continues to develop and update curriculum, keeping in mind BRN and specialty accreditation requirements as well as the needs of transfer institutions and/or businesses.
• Takes part in all course, program and institutional Student Learning Outcome (SLO) assessment processes.
• Maintains office hours and participates in department, division, and college committees and governance.
• Participates in and implements departmental and college program reviews.
• Participates in additional faculty responsibilities, including college decision-making activities related to professional and academic matters. The activities will occur both within the department as well as in the larger College setting.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Nursing
At least one year’s experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care* within the last five (5) years OR Completion of one (1) academic year** of teaching courses, within the last five (5) years, related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
*The BRN defines direct patient care as in a hospital setting.
**Defined as two semesters.
Required licenses and certifications:
• Possession of a current California RN License
• Must be willing to remediate to a specialty
• Must provide letter verifying gerontology experience upon hire
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications online. Please visit our website at http://www.canyons.edu/Offices/HumanResources. If you require assistance, please call the Human Resources office at (661)362-3427 or our TTY Line at (661)362-5178. Applicants may check the status of their application online and may expect to be notified within approximately 4 - 5 weeks following the Review Date as to the status of their application.
Please copy and paste job link to browser for a complete job announcement and requirements:
Job Link: http://bit.ly/2f0ngfL
The Santa Clarita Community College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Human Resources Office directly at click to display phone number